Home Support Service
Aim of Service
To empower persons experiencing mental health difficulties to manage their lives in their own environment, so as to enjoy a good quality of life.
Home Support provides;
- practical and emotional support;
- short/medium/long term rehabilitative care;
- information and brief interventions;
- psychosocial education on mental health, mental ill health, services, care and related issues;
- opportunities to enhance personal, social and leisure skills.
The Home Support service is offered in the home of the service user.
Persons who can benefit from the Service
The service can be accessed by persons with the following criteria;
- adults between the ages of 17 – 65;
- who have (or care for a person with) a mental health problem or issue which is affecting their daily functioning and who are motivated to improve their quality of life in the community;
- do not have serious addiction problems;
- are living in their own homes in the community.
Method of referral to the Service
Anyone who needs further information or would like to ask for help can contact this service. Depending on the needs of the individual and on the service and intervention required, the person will be then advised on how to proceed. In case a person needs medium or long term support, a person can refer himself / herself to the Home Support Service. The application needs to be countersigned by a psychiatrist or a GP who has been treating the person being referred. The same Application Form needs to be supported by a Psychosocial Report
424, St. Joseph’s High Street, St. Venera SVR 1013
Tel no: 2148 2336, 2144 0324